Happy Thursday! One of the most common questions I get besides fashion questions is about how I do my hair. I thought it was time to share my hair tutorial as well as two new products I have recently been introduced to, Rooted Hair Powder and Bali Secret Hair Vitamins. These pictures were from my cousin’s recent wedding. I decided to document how I do my hair.
- Wash/Condition hair: I do this every other day. I color my hair and like to stretch the color out as far as I can due to my budget. I am able to go about every 8 weeks. Not washing my hair daily helps my color last. I use this shampoo and this conditioner. After I get out of the shower, I brush my hair with a wet brush and towel dry it. My hair tangles like crazy, so this brush has been the only way to get my hair brushed quickly.
- I have recently discovered Rooted Hair Powder and this helps me stretch my washes out. Like I said, being on a budget I want to get the most of my hair color as possible. The thing I love about this product is not only does it get rid of the greasy hair, it also gets rid of bacteria. This product is also organic and it helps volumize your hair while increasing hair strength, collagen and growth. It comes in two colors: blonde and brunette. Being a brunette, this is much appreciated, since most dry shampoos leave a white residue in my hair. This product also smells amazing and works very fast.
- Apply Bali Secret Hair Vitamins: I have long fine hair, so my hair easily gets dry. I also love to curl it, so that quickly damages it. I was recently introduced to these hair vitamins and this has helped with my dry ends. This product is enriched with Argan oil, Morrocan oil, macadamia nut oil, avocado oil, and vitamins A, C, E and pro vitamin B5. It helps my hair feel smooth and look shiny. The capsules are not taken orally as my husband thought. You break open a capsule and apply to towel dried hair. The capsules were a little hard to open for me at first, but once they open I put the oil on the palm of my hand and I do about 75% of my hair, skipping my roots. The product smells really good and I have been happy with it.
- Apply boosting spray and blow dry: After I apply my hair vitamins, I apply this boosting spray. I apply it when my hair is still damp. It is heat activated, so I make sure to blow dry right after I apply. It helps give my fine hair some volume.
- Tease: Once my hair is 100% dry, I brush it once more and tease the crown with my tease w/ eez brush. This creates even more volume for my “poof”. Here is a video that shows how to tease your hair, if you’re unfamiliar.
- Pin it: Once my hair has some volume, I brush it out a bit, and then gather it and pin it. I like to pin it up and have a little “poof” because I am a Texas girl and we like to say “the bigger the hair, the closer to God.”
- Curl/Hair Spray: Per recommendation of my hair stylist, I use this curling iron. It has worked well for me. I finish off my hair with Oribe hairspray.
If you have any questions, please let me know!